Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes (plus 3 hours and 15 minutes set time)
Our Matcha Custard Pudding is a super easy recipe to make at home. This recipe is economical and contains just six ingredients. A pudding that is vegan and thrifty to make—a gluten-free treat made in under 20 minutes! The perfect dessert pleaser also when topped with coconut cream and pieces of dark chocolate. Our delectable Matcha Custard Pudding is balanced between vegetal and sweet flavours. If you've never made a pudding before, this is a simple and perfect recipe to try! Vegan, creamy, healthy and delicious!
¾ cup (177ml) almond milk, unsweetened
2 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch)
1¾ teaspoons Fubuki Culinary Organic Matcha (adjust to taste)
1 cup (237ml) full-fat coconut milk, canned
3 tablespoons rice malt syrup, gluten-free
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour the almond milk into a medium-sized saucepan on medium to high heat.
- Whisk in the cornflour and matcha powder until smooth. Be sure to stir regularly.
- Stir the mixture regularly using a wooden spoon until almost simmering, then continuously stir over a lower heat until the custard thickens. The thickening of the custard will be noticeable first at the bottom of the saucepan and continue stirring until a smooth, even consistency forms—this should take around 7-8 minutes. The secret to smooth custard is continuous stirring.
- Pour the custard into ramekins and allow to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature before refrigerating. Complete cooling takes at least 3 hours.
- Serve with sprinkles of matcha powder, whipped coconut cream, and dark chocolate shavings. Temptingly delicious!