Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes (plus 30 minutes refrigeration time)
Don't we all love soft, chewy cookies! If you are new to matcha, why not try our cookies with the goodness of organic matcha? Matcha's subtle earthy flavour—smooth, creamy and buttery— gives distinctive flavour, is irresistibly tempting and vegan. Try different flavour combinations by adding chopped pistachios, walnuts, or white chocolate pieces.
¾ cup (170g) vegan butter, room temp
1 cup (180g) coconut sugar and a little more for coating the cookie:
1 tablespoon Fubuki Culinary Organic Matcha
1 flax or chia egg* (vegan egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (240g) coconut flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
*Vegan egg: create an egg-like texture by mixing 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seeds with 3 teaspoons of water and leave to set for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F) and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, place the vegan butter, coconut sugar and cream. Add the sifted matcha tea powder. Combine with the vegan egg and vanilla extract until smooth consistency forms.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and mix at low speed until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough between the palms of your hands to form approximately 20 small balls. Coat the cookies with sugar, and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before baking.
- Place the cookies in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, and bake until slightly golden brown.
Note: Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.