Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
If you are not obsessed with matcha yet, try these vegan matcha baked doughnuts— they will do the trick! If you have a sweet spot for doughnuts, we have good news for you—these gorgeous green matcha doughnuts are delicious, healthy and gluten-free to boot! Our matcha doughnuts are topped with a delicious three-ingredient glaze that makes them perfectly sticky and shiny—a taste sensation that will melt in the mouth, yum! Happy? They will also satisfy your sweet tooth and not add too many calories. You may wish to sprinkle with toppings of your choice, such as berries, rose petals, or finely chopped crunchy almonds.
1¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Fubuki Culinary Organic Matcha
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup soy or almond milk, unflavoured
¼ cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unflavoured soy or almond milk
½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl, and combine with the dry ingredients until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the doughnut pan and put it into the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
- While the doughnuts are cooking, prepare the almond glaze. Place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. You may need to add more milk or sugar to obtain the desired consistency.
- When the doughnuts are cool, dip the top of each into the glaze and sprinkle with the desired topping. Leave the glaze to set. Serve and savour the taste!