Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
If you have a sweet spot for doughnuts, we have good news for you—these delicious, sticky, shiny taste sensations melt in the mouth—and are topped with our delicious three-ingredient glaze. Healthy and gluten-free to boot! They will also satisfy your sweet tooth without adding too many calories. You may wish to sprinkle with toppings such as a selection of berries, rose petals, or finely chopped almonds. Yum!
1¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Fubuki Culinary Organic Matcha
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup soy or almond milk, unflavoured
¼ cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unflavoured soy or almond milk
½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) and lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl, and combine with the dry ingredients until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the doughnut pan and put it into the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and transfer to a wire rack for cooling.
- While the doughnuts are cooking, prepare the almond glaze. Place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. You may need to add more milk or sugar to obtain the desired consistency.
- When the doughnuts are cool, dip the top of each into the glaze and sprinkle with the desired topping. Leave the glaze to set. Serve and savour the taste!