Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Are you a fan of dark chocolate? We are a fan of matcha green tea powder! Let's combine both and create a delicious twist on a traditional recipe, the peanut butter cups. These rich and indulgent, smooth and luxurious dark chocolate thick-shelled cups have centres filled with vibrant green and creamy matcha-cashew butter. Perfect for an after-dinner treat—packed with flavour, these chocolate cups are easy to make, delicious, vegan, and dairy-free—pure bliss! Spread the love by gifting some to your loved ones and close friends!
200g (7 oz) dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
⅓ cup (50g) cashew butter
1 teaspoon Fubuki Culinary Organic Matcha
1 tablespoon maple or fruit syrup
1 teaspoon desiccated coconut powder
- Break chocolate over a heatproof bowl and add the coconut oil. Place over a saucepan of barely simmering water (a bain-marie), allow the chocolate to melt and occasionally stir until smooth.
- Line a muffin tray or silicone cupcake moulds, spooning some of the melted chocolate into each cupcake's shell. Use approximately 2 tablespoons of mixture for the larger cups and 1 tablespoon for smaller cups. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by stirring the cashew butter, matcha powder, and maple syrup in the bain-marie until smooth.
- Remove the hardened chocolate cups from the freezer, place a small ball of the matcha-cashew mixture filling into the centre of the chocolate shells, and gently press. You will need around 1 teaspoon for larger cups and ½ teaspoon for small cups. Spoon any remaining chocolate left from left step 2 over the filling. Sprinkle a little desiccated coconut on top of each chocolate cup and place in the freezer for a further 20 minutes, or until completely hardened.
- Gently peel down one side of the mould to release the cupcakes from the moulds. Enjoy!
Note: Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.